Posted to rec.audio.car
Lee[_16_] Lee[_16_] is offline

Default bizarre audio problem

Dan Wrote:
I have testeds it with the fader. It is definitely the whole side. Any
idea what might be the most likely cause? Should I assume amplifier
(there in external BMW) amp) or head unit?

Lee wrote in message

That is reasonable. You may want to test results while
using the fader; otherwise I'd start to suspect a failure
within the unit itself (probably the volume pot), or the
unit's external amplifier if it has one.

I wouldn't assume anything. If you have the ability to reverse the
inputs to the factory amplifier you can clarify if the problem is before
the amp or not. Reverse the inputs and if the problem changes sides,
it's coming from the source unit or its cables depending on where you
did the reversal; if it does not change sides, the problem is at the
point of reversal or after, meaning the amp or the wires after it.

Dan Wrote:
And, BTW, what the hell happened to this formerly great newsgroup?

Trolls and spam I'd think.

--
Lee
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over TWO million posts online!