Posted to rec.audio.car
Lee[_15_] Lee[_15_] is offline

Default bizarre audio problem

That is reasonable. You may want to test results while using the fader;
otherwise I'd start to suspect a failure within the unit itself
(probably the volume pot), or the unit's external amplifier if it has
one. There are many things that could result in these symptoms, but you
are right, I'd rule out the speakers considering you're using 4 channel
outputs AND both front and rear speakers share the problem.

Dan;2286498 Wrote:
Surely the fact that all the speakers on the left refuse to work at
lower volumes means that this is not the problem?

Usually this is due to a partially blown speaker; a burn
in the coil or whiskers ...

--
Lee
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over TWO million posts online!