Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Alex Pogossov Alex Pogossov is offline

Default "Beam Me Up, Scotty" (Beamus) AM Transmitter -- first prototype

"flipper" wrote in message
Okay, so I like to make up cutesy names

I wanted to do 'something' with a 6ME8 so I tried using it for an AM
transmitter and the first prototype works rather well. Bandwidth is
'too much', less than 1 dB down at 18 KHz, but we'll worry about that
later.

This is a 'dollar days' special, 2 whole bucks worth of tubes, and L2
is a UHF converter coil scramble rewound, so that was 'free'. Power
supply is from the same converter and if the remaining issues get
worked out it'll probably end up in that cabinet as well (but where to
put the air variable?).

The schematic is rough, but should be rather self explanatory, and the
ganged tuning hasn't been fleshed out yet. I'm still using separate
caps while jiggling things around.

Orphaned web page, not yet ready for prime time, has a recording of it
playing through a table radio.

http://flipperhome.dyndns.org/Beamus.htm

But the smartest arses (aussies of course, he-he!) put their AM transmitters
in the vintage radio cabinets.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/140770446...84.m1555.l2649