Posted to rec.audio.car
Christopher Ott Christopher Ott is offline

Default blown amp?

I've never been inside that HU, but if you can post the markings on the IC,
I might be able to point you in the right direction for a replacement. A
digital photo would be helpful too. No guarantee's, but the amplifier IC is
usually pretty cheap and from what you describe, is likely to be the only
thing damaged.

Chris

"Steve" wrote in message

I have a JVC KD-S890. I take it that the component presed right up against
the heat sink is the amp. I'm guessing that the scorch marks around it on
the PCB means the amp is fried. Is this the case?
The unitturns on and plays a CD fine, but no sound comes out no matter what
I try.