Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Small Recorder Recommendation

On 05/04/2017 13:45, Scott Dorsey wrote:

Actually, Capstan often does more harm than good on old cassettes. The
flutter problems, for the most part, just have to be lived with. A lot of
the issue here is knowing what to try and correct and what to leave alone.

I hear too many old recordings that have been NoNoised to death to the point
where the noise reduction artifacts are far more annoying than the noise
would have been. Some of the flutter reduction stuff today is like that too.

Going slightly off topic, a friend of mine has a player and a number of
cylinders in generally excellent condition that will need cleaning up
and pitch correcting when I find time and tuits.

The first one he's recorded onto the computer has a sliding pitch
profile as the spring runs down, which is going to be fun...

--
Tciao for Now!

John.