Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] rrusston@hotmail.com is offline

Default parafeed or series SE output

On Jan 23, 8:03*am, Patrick Turner wrote:
On Jan 23, 4:59*pm, Fai C wrote:

I see someone recently has talked about this topic. I'm also wondering
if the SE output transformer can handle 3-4 times more current before
saturation, let's say, 350ma primary saturation current for a 300B.

But Ia for 300B is around 70mAdc.

Should we still need a parafeed arrangement? Some says the parafeed is
great for low level resolution as some of my friend does and have a
better bass as well. But it has a "additional" cap in the path that
series feed doesn't?

What U guys think?

I suggest you learn much more about the basics of L, C and R and
general basic electronic theory, and then build an amp, and you'll
answer your questions fully yourself. I don't have time to write a
book right now for you.

Patrick Turner.

I'm not a big fan of parafeed anyway.