Ban

Default Equipment.

chung wrote:
RBernst929 wrote:
There is alot of debate here and elsewhere about the differences
between equipment. I truly believe that reproduction equipment
cannot reproduce a live performance due to the many compromises in
recording both artistic and electrical.

This is a belief only, I have heard gear reproducing exactly the "live"
atmosphere, so look a little longer and don't be contented with less. I have
a few CDs that have been recorded well and I prefer them even to a live set
with annoying noises from the public.

Therefore, I propose that
the only criteria that should be used by any music lover in buying
equipment should be these: Within your personal budget for said
equipment, does the reproduced
music 1. involve you? (meaning do you want to listen for long
periods of time?)... and 2. does listening produce an emotional reaction?

Seems to me that those are good questions to ask when you want to buy
a recording. You know, like a CD or a vinyl LP.

My equipment rarely produce an emotional reaction from me, unless
something is broken . But good recordings, and good musical
performances, they do.

If the answers to these
questions are yes, then you have found your system.

Or you have found a recording worth buying.

Right Chung, sometimes unexpectedly some recordings really transmit the
"essence", that usually makes my evening.
--
ciao Ban
Bordighera, Italy