chung

Default Equipment.

RBernst929 wrote:
There is alot of debate here and elsewhere about the differences between
equipment. I truly believe that reproduction equipment cannot reproduce a live
performance due to the many compromises in recording both artistic and
electrical. Therefore, I propose that the only criteria that should be used by
any music lover in buying equipment should be these:
Within your personal budget for said equipment, does the reproduced music 1.
involve you? (meaning do you want to listen for long periods of time?)... and
2. does listening produce an emotional reaction?

Seems to me that those are good questions to ask when you want to buy a
recording. You know, like a CD or a vinyl LP.

My equipment rarely produce an emotional reaction from me, unless
something is broken . But good recordings, and good musical
performances, they do.

If the answers to these
questions are yes, then you have found your system.

Or you have found a recording worth buying.