dave weil

Default My equipment review of the Bose 901

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 22:57:24 -0000, Peter Sammon
wrote:

dave weil wrote in
:

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 17:06:38 -0000, Peter Sammon
wrote:

Peter Sammon wrote in
:

http://www.epinions.com/content_105506836100

I love it when people say that Bose is not taken seriously by the rest
of the industry...of course if you are referring to the so called HIGH
END...there is a great reason why...because the high end hates Bose
and the 901 and generally will go to great lengths to deter people
from giving the speakers any credibility by using the same stupid
excuses like "older technology", Direct/Reflecting sound obscures the
image rather than enhances it, no direct competition in the particular
store of purchase etc. etc. I, for one DO NOT play politics

You just did.

THUD

I recognize these sorts of posts. You've spent thousands of dollars on
fine expensive speaker wires, esocterically engineered speakers, the
"right driver", the right "name" on the front of the cabinet etc. You
have no choice now, either admit to years of being wrong or steadfastly
standing your ground in the face of the science, popularity and audio
technology Bose puts before you.

As long as you enjoy the music. Cheers!

Actually, it soumds more like you've got years of emotional investment
to justify.

Nothing wrong with that, mind you. But trashing others to try to build
up *your* investement is pretty ****ty, if you ask me...