Ian Bell

Default My equipment review of the Bose 901

Nutter wrote:

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 22:57:23 -0000, Peter Sammon
wrote:

snip

It was such drool and bull**** that I've decided to snip the whole
post. I am no expert on sepaker design, accoustics or physics, I trust
my ears and common sense.

Common sense tells me that most audio engineers use direct radiating
speakers for 'monitoring' their creations, therefore it makes sense to
me to use the same 'design' of speaker to hear their work.

My ears tell me that Bose (accross the range) sound overly bright,
with little to no definition of mid-range and a total lack of anything
approaching quality bass. If they (901's) were priced at £100 they may
just be worth it, if only for the 'unique design'. I would guess that
ANY speaker of direct raditaing design, of a similar price would
outperform them.

I'll stick to B&W's thanks very much. At least most of their design
decisions are based on scientificly sound principles of accoustics,
physics and materials.

Ray.

I have often seen Bose pseudo science ads and noted that they fail to
mention prices. Presumably they are stupidly expensive? Just how much do
they sting the idiots who buy a pair of 901s??

Ian