Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Fireport Won't Connect

On 8/14/2019 4:56 PM, wrote:
I've tried several cables, 3 macs and 2 PC's...is there something else I'm missing with these units on making them work?

I answered based on my experience with Firewire in general. Since you
already know about and have tried different versions of the Alesis
software (the format and file system that the HD24 uses is quite
different from a Mac or PC), I don't know what else might be missing -
other than a working Fireport.

With the same symptom with different cables and different computers,
it's not likely a cable or port problem. But just for verification, do
you have some other Firewire device you can connect to the computer and
be sure that it works?

I don't know what kind of trickery there is in the Fireport hardware,
but just on a lark, can you put a Windows or Mac drive with some files
on it in an Alesis carrier, plug that into the fireport, and see if your
operating system can recognize it? It's kind of a long shot, but if it
lets you see the "normal" files and not the Alesis files, that might
suggest something, though I'm not sure what.

--
For a good time, call
http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com