Posted to rec.audio.tech
polymod polymod is offline

Default No PC sound

wrote in message
This is unbelievable. At the risk of looking like a total moron, I
thought I'd share with you how I managed to fix the problem. I went to
my father's to see why his SoundBlaster card is working and mine
isn't. It turned out to be something really minor. His speakers were
plugged into the green jack (A), I was plugging mine into the blue one
(B) SEE PICTU
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...g?t=1231445495
It never occurred to me to use the green jack because since building
this computer in January 2008, I have ALWAYS used the blue one for my
speakers! I have no idea what the hell happened, I'm just glad to
finally have sound again.

Doh!
Being a color-blind person, I always read the writing under the jacks

Poly