Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] calabash30@gmail.com is offline

Default No PC sound

Thanks Bob.
Tonight I downloaded and ran the installer cleanup utility
(msicuu2.exe) and reinstalled the drivers for my soundcard with the
antivirus disabled. At least now I'm no longer getting this message:
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...g?t=1231193031
But it didn't solve the problem either. Still no sound. I plugged my
microphone into the back of the soundcard and recorded it with
Audacity. There IS sound going in. In fact, I played an MP3 and hit
the record button (in Audacity) and it's showing soundwaves there too!
I'm just not hearing it. If I turn the volume ALL the way up, I can
just barely make out some faint sounds if I put my ear on the speaker.
All the connections were checked and the speakers are working fine.
This is clearly a software issue.
I need to install this driver on my father's computer too. He had XP
reinstalled yesterday and has the same SoundBlaster Live! card in his
pc. Unfortunately his computer still isn't working correctly. But as
soon as it gets back from the repair shop, I'm going to head over
there and see what files he has, that I could possibly be missing on
mine (or maybe I have them, but they're corrupted). I'm not sure
exactly what I should be looking for yet.
Bryan