Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] calabash30@gmail.com is offline

Default No PC sound

I've been almost a month without sound on my computer. It started in
December when I moved my computer and installed a second CD-Rom drive.
Up to this point everything was working perfectly. I have Windows XP
SP2. My soundcard is a SoundBlaster Live! card. I got some help from a
tech support site last month, and we tried pretty much everything
before finally coming to the conclusion that the card was bad. I've
since purchased a brand new (NOS) SoundBlaster Live! audio card which
I installed over the weekend. I still can't get any sound from my
computer! I have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled the latest
driver AND patch several times to no avail. I've also tried moving the
card to a different slot, but nothing seems to be working. What's
more, when I activate my onboard audio through bios IT isn't producing
any sound either. I've gone to "Device Manager" and checked the
"properties" for my hardware and drivers and it says that everything
is working properly. Here's the message that pops up when I enable or
disable my Soundblaster card:
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...g?t=1231193031
I'm at my wits end. What else could be causing my computer to not have
any sound?
Bryan