Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Harry Lavo Harry Lavo is offline

Default Pure Music to DAC - again

"Robert Peirce" wrote in message
Audio Empire wrote:

What I have noticed is less fatigue. This is totally subjective and
probably can't be measured. It is the difference between wanting to
listen to music all day and feeling forced to turn it off after a
couple
of hours. Some people may not even notice it.

But do you know for sure that's due to extended supersonic frequency
response?

Nope. I don't know what causes it. I just know that I notice it, and
it is very subjective.

Second that. Audible from the first day of SACD playback, and continues to
this day ten years later. CD's have become excellent, but I still can only
take a few hours of listening before becoming restless. SACDs can be
playing all day without this effect (and, BTW, so can analogue tapes).