Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Edmund[_2_] Edmund[_2_] is offline

Default Pure Music to DAC - again

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 03:10:45 +0000, Robert Peirce wrote:

I run Pure Music on my Mac. Presently, I use Airfoil to send the signa=

over ethernet to my AppleTV. The AppleTV has an optical output to my
DAC. Pure Music and my DAC both support 96/24, but the Apple TV only
does 44.1/16 (or, maybe, 48/16 - hard to find specs).
=20
I have been trying to find a substitute for the AppleTV, but so far all
I have got is the Squeezebox Touch. I say "but" because it has its own
software that resides on the Mac and I have not been able to find out i=

it can receive input from Pure Music or not. Does anybody know?
=20
The web site suggests the Squeezebox can read any file on the computer,
which is great, except Pure Music already does that and allows many
useful manipulations. For example, it will accept up to 384/32 and
downsample it to 96/24.

I wonder what happens to the anti alias filter in that case.

Edmund