Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Scott[_6_] Scott[_6_] is offline

Default Modern Reviewing Practices In Audio Rags Have Become Useless

On Sunday, August 4, 2013 6:34:54 PM UTC-7, Audio_Empire wrote:
On Sunday, August 4, 2013 12:48:51 PM UTC-7, Scott wrote:
=20
On Sunday, August 4, 2013 6:27:55 AM UTC-7, Audio_Empire wrote:

=20
=20

=20
On Saturday, August 3, 2013 6:50:38 AM UTC-7, Scott wrote:

=20
=20

=20
On Friday, August 2, 2013 3:55:15 PM UTC-7, Audio_Empire wrote:

=20
=20

=20

=20
=20

=20
In article ,

=20
=20

=20
Scott wrote:

=20
=20

=20

=20
=20

=20
snip

=20
=20

=20
Again, it does not matter how the imaging got onto the recording.

=20
=20

=20
What matters is how it images during playback. This phenomenon we

=20
=20

=20
call imaging is not limited to music played on acoustic instruments=

..
=20
=20

=20

=20
=20

=20
This shows absolutely how out of touch with the reality of recording

=20
=20

=20
and playback of music that this poster is.

=20
=20

=20
=20
=20
So says the guy who flaunts his disdain for the music he claims to

=20
know so much about.

=20
=20
=20
Where did I say or even intimate that I knew much about rock/pop?

Post #3 KH "This would appear to say volumes about your knowledge of pop mu=
sic."

You: "I know enough =AD more than I want to. And if you are saying that I a=
wrong here, then I believe it says more about your knowledge of music
and reproduction than it does about mine."
=20
I know
about studio recording, but I never claimed to know much about rock excep=

=20
that I find the sound of it - anything with solid-body electric guitars, =

really - offensive

You basically said you knew enough about it to support your many assertions=
about it and how it has been recorded over the years.Nothing ambiguous whe=
n your knowledge was challenged and your response was "I know enough, more =
than I want to."

=20
=20
=20
snip
=20
=20
=20
How many professional rock recordings have you made (or even had a hand i=

n)=20
=20
again? I'd love to know.

How many have you? But more significantly how many have you actually looked=
into? I may not have made any rock recordings but I certainly have done my=
homework on how a good many of them actually were made. It doesn't jive wi=
th your assertions that is for sure. Did you even bother to look up Bill Po=
rter? I bet not....