Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Andrew Haley Andrew Haley is offline

Default Modern Reviewing Practices In Audio Rags Have Become Useless

Audio_Empire wrote:

Quite a few, actually. In fact I tried to attend a local big-band
jazz concert just last weekend where sound reinforcement was
evident. I left. Same with a symphonic band concert held in a large
church several months ago. Now, I'll say this. I haven't yet
attended an indoor symphony concert where sound reinforcement was
used, but I understand that it is done. I've stopped attending
outdoor concerts of any kind for that reason. I just don't want to
listen to a P.A. system. It seems elementary purpose defeating to
me.

Why? Aren't you there for the music? Why does it matter if the music
is amplified? If the interpretation and the playing is good, won't
you enjoy it anyway?

Andrew.