Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Stephen McElroy Stephen McElroy is offline

Default Modern Reviewing Practices In Audio Rags Have Become Useless

In article ,
Audio_Empire wrote:

On Sunday, August 4, 2013 10:20:56 AM UTC-7, MINe109 wrote:
In article ,

Cowboy Junkies' The Trinity Session was recorded on a single Calrec
Ambisonic Microphone.

Interesting. Although, strictly speaking, Ambisonics is not really Stereo, it
will give a fair
stereophonic image when played back two-channel. I have some LPs from Unicorn
Records
that were recorded Ambisonically. The only real criticism that I can level at
them is that
they are somewhat distantly miked. Do you find that true with the Cowboy
Junkies stuff?

No, but according to wiki the vocals had an assist from a PA.

Stephen