Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Comments on production?

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 17:08:30 -0700, Tobiah wrote:

Though I'd suggest that the 'horn' and the guitar sound to be too
different - as in the guitar is close-miked, and the horn is
sounding more distant and roomy. Each in a similar space and apparent
distance would sound better to me.

Thanks, that's helpful. I did another render, this time with both
instruments in the same reverb space. I was compelled to make the
horn a little more 'wet' though, because if it gets to dry, the
synth sound is betrayed and the thing starts sounding like a Casio
keyboard!

https://ven.rcsreg.com/r2/come_again2.mp3

A bit more work needed with EQ. The mic's proximity effect lifting the
bass is very evident on the guitar. That needs dialing down to stop it
being so boomy.