Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Things I learned on Reddit...

On 04/06/2021 16:29, knadles wrote:
€¢ Headphones are a great way to mix because they take the room out of the equation.

They are a very good way to check for some problems in a recorded track,
because they remove your current room from the equation. I also use them
while recording on location or any other room I do not control.

€¢ Any room that is not rectangular is a problem and necessitates advice from others on Reddit as to where to put the speakers.

Close. There is a superfluous "not" in the sentence.

€¢ Autotuning every individual note of a singers performance is not only the expectation these days, but necessary because no one sings in perfect tune.

True...

€¢ The ideal mastering is a track thats so good nothing else needs to be done.

You mean people don't all do it that way? Grins, ducks and runs for cover

€¢ Education is a waste of money because theres so much good information on the internet.

Grin They may have a point, and many are trying to prove it.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.