Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default What speakers can I use with my 4 ohm amp?

On 2/11/2010 7:21 PM AZ Nomad spake thus:

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 13:50:26 +1100, Mr.T MrT@home wrote:

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message

For those living in virtual reality anyway. In the real world
things get slightly more complicated.

Not really. if you've ever in your life looked at an amp's
specficiations

Why not try looking at some ACTUAL test results instead. (Or if you
had any idea how to, you could try making some measurements of your
own.)

given for 4 and 8 ohm loads, the 4 ohm load's power is
about double.

Yes, ABOUT. At least you now agree things are a little more
complicated than you first thought.

Yes, "about". An 100W amp at 4 ohms may do about 60W at 8
ohms

Why are you so ****ing anal about wether or not it is exactly half?

It's in his job description, apparently.

- a Usenet "apology"