Posted to rec.audio.tech
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default What speakers can I use with my 4 ohm amp?

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 12:46:02 +1300, geoff wrote:
Mr.T wrote:
"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
No harm, but keep in mind that the power rating of the amp will be
halved.

*Less*, but not necessarily half for an amp with the usual
unregulated power supply, and usually more than half on a continuous
basis in any case.

MrT.

The amp's power 'rating' won't be changed at all. The maxiumum power output
will be somewhat lower than that with the impedence speakers it was specced
at, probably around half.

Half the resistance and the power at the point where the amp
begins to clip will be halved.