Posted to rec.audio.pro
nickbatz nickbatz is offline

Default Always wanted to try a Mac.

On Monday, April 29, 2019 at 1:25:35 PM UTC-7, Tobiah wrote:
I did not. Each time I look into a Mac Pro, Imac, mac mini, used

new refurbished, whatever, I'm stopped by the price point.

Toby

My Mac Pro 5,1, dual 6-core 3.46GHz processors (i.e. a 12-core), 64GB RAM was $1350 on eBay when I bought it almost 2-1/2 years ago.

You can find the same machine for little less now.

Yeah it's had its processors updated, but it's ten years old and it kicks serious arse for a DAW. My big Logic template - a full orchestra + lots of other things - runs at a 128-sample buffer off SSDs, complete with more plug-ins than I use.