Posted to rec.audio.pro
Hank[_4_] Hank[_4_] is offline

Default Always wanted to try a Mac.

In article , Tobiah wrote:
What he is interested in is whether Toby, the OP, has proceeded with
his purchase and any comments he may have after a few days or weeks
of ownership, so I said I would post here to ask the question.

I did not. Each time I look into a Mac Pro, Imac, mac mini, used
new refurbished, whatever, I'm stopped by the price point.

You might want to take a look at these:

https://www.serverworlds.com/refurbi...ured-to-order/

I bought a couple of these a few months ago. One is running Ubuntu Mate
18.04 LTS; the other is running FreeBSD 12.0. The Ubuntu install is
pretty simple.

FreeBSD, on the other hand, takes a day to configure, and probably
pretty daunting for someone who isn't comfortable with command-line
utilities and the vi editor. But it's a real Unix, and has just about
any software you'd want through its package/ports repository.

I've bought from this vendor several times over the past 15 or so years,
and have always been satisfied with them.

Hank