Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] billy@MIX.COM is offline

Default Metering Software Question

Scott Dorsey writes, quoting me:

I'm wondering who the hell is responsible for a particularly
annoying audio peak amplitude indicator metering function.

Specifically, after the peak hold time has expired, instead
of extinguishing, the peak indicator slowly drifts downward
one segment at a time. Bink. Bink. Bink. Useless, useless
info. Actually worse than useless...

What does this? I have never seen that...

The Sound Devices PIX series of recorders, among others, but
theirs are what finally got me interested in seeking out the
creator of this crap. Sound Devices themselves are incapable
of responding coherently.

it would drive me up the wall and I don't think that meets
BS.1770...

I will post a short movie of this later in the week, when I'm
back at Fox. I don't normally use these recorders - in fact,
due to numerous other bugs/moronity I go out of my way to
avoid them.

Just one of many is their completely disabling use of the "-"
character in file and track names coz they can't otherwise
figure out how to parse it as the delmiter for mono wave file
track numbers. And if that's not bad enough, they then sent
me on a useless hunt for a keyboard with a working "-" key...

Billy Y..
--
sub #'9+1 ,r0 ; convert ascii byte
add #9.+1 ,r0 ; to an integer