Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default Metering Software Question

On Saturday, February 4, 2017 at 10:53:09 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Scott D'Orsey! wrote: "
What does this? I have never seen that... "

You would - on mostly consumer-grade gear with
meters. I'm also sure there is a button that if
you keep cycling it would turn off such slow
downward cascade.

As I feel, too many watch these VU meters like these are gospel, like hitting or going beyond a peak or two will destroy the world. I'm my expert opinion, peaks do nothing for music, why I found audiophile pressings boring. Actually, there should be a Peak, Average and RMS level for VU meters.

Jack