Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Metering Software Question

On 03/02/2017 14:17, Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article , wrote:
I'm wondering who the hell is responsible for a particularly
annoying audio peak amplitude indicator metering function.

Specifically, after the peak hold time has expired, instead
of extinguishing, the peak indicator slowly drifts downward
one segment at a time. Bink. Bink. Bink. Useless, useless
info. Actually worse than useless...

What does this? I have never seen that... it would drive me up the wall and
I don't think that meets BS.1770...
--scott

An electronic version of a PPM as used by the BBC. It complies with IEC
60268-10 (1991)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peak_programme_meter

--
Tciao for Now!