Posted to rec.audio.high-end
David[_22_] David[_22_] is offline

Default LP vs CD - Again. Another Perspective

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
I think the difference is definitely in production. Some
CD's I own, like Buena Vista Social Club, are just
spectacular.

It seems when the producers want to make a
great sounding CD, they can.

That says it all. No LP can truely be great sounding except in the
imaginations of those very few people who look on a medium that is hobbled
by relatively massive amounts of audible noise and distoriton as being
beneficial.

The thing is Arny, and to get back onto the topic of the thread, the
production of most CDs nowadays is awful.

I know you have a couple of turntables but have you actually bought a vinyl
LP recently and compared it to the same CD? I have bought the CD of most of
the LPs I've bought recently as they are so cheap in comparison and usable
in the car etc.
Invariably the LP will have a much better production with a much wider
dynamic range.

Go out and buy a recently released LP, you might be surprised.