Posted to rec.audio.high-end
bob bob is offline

Default LP vs CD - Again. Another Perspective

On Jan 30, 8:06=A0pm, Audio Empire wrote:
On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 16:06:48 -0800, bob wrote
(in article ):

On Jan 30, 10:21=3DA0am, Audio Empire wrote:

Let;s face it, the reason is not all that obvious.

No, the reason is quite obvious, as a little actual knowledge of audio
and a little experimentation would show.

The fact that you have only lately come to this conclusion means only
that you have been way behind the knowledge curve. I first started
lurking at RAHE in the mid-90s, and the view you've espoused at the
start of this thread was widely expressed here even then.

bob

I mean the reasons WHY CDs are made to a lower standard than they should =

be
is not all that obvious. Again, doesn't anyone here read for content anym=

ore?

Ah, I see. The subject had been the relative technical merits of CD
and vinyl (and Stereophile's dishonest coverage of that question). Not
sure when or how it switched to, why aren't producers making good-
sounding CDs, but I missed the switch. Frankly, I don't find the
latter question so interesting. To pick up a point I think Arny made
earlier, record companies are businesses, so it's reasonable to assume
that they think this helps them sell CDs. And they might very well be
right about that, despite the grumbling of the tiny audiophile market.

Like Scott ) said in another thread: "I guess
it's more fun to ridicule than to learn."

Well, of course it is. But then I've never learned anything from
him.

bob