Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio Empire Audio Empire is offline

Default LP vs CD - Again. Another Perspective

On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 05:06:36 -0800, Dick Pierce wrote
(in article ):

Audio Empire wrote:
On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 06:22:53 -0800, vlad wrote
(in article ):
On Jan 28, 8:47=A0pm, Audio Empire wrote:
In the way he meant it - that unlike digital, analog is not confined by a
fixed word length and sample rate, it does, indeed, have infinite
resolution.
I realize that this analogy too is flawed,

It is not flawed , it is grossly incorrect, making this analogy
worthless. CD is not a container and analog is not a book.

It was an analogy, have you never heard of an analogy, a simplified way of
describing a very complex situation or process by using another, more
familiar point of reference? It was not supposed to be literal.

The analogy is completely innappropriate, does not in any way
analogously describe the reality of the basic, fundamental
properties of physical systems, is misleading and starts from
a wholly incorrect premise.

That it is an analogy does not excuse the fact that it is,
indeed, grossly incorrect.

Sigh - but the analogy is to show HOW FRAMER SEES THE PROCESS, not ow *I*
see it! How many times do I need to explain that?. I just put it in analogous
terms. IOW, I'm the messenger.