Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Scott[_6_] Scott[_6_] is offline

Default LP vs CD - Again. Another Perspective

On Jan 29, 1:47=A0pm, "Arny Krueger" wrote:
"Scott" wrote in message

On Jan 28, 11:13 am, bob wrote:
On Jan 28, 10:15=3DA0am, Audio Empire
wrote:
On Fremer. I'll admit that his one-note-samba is a bit
tiresome, but on the
other hand, he or someone like him is needed to keep
their fingers on the pulse of all things vinyl because
most reviewers and audio journalists don't
want to. I say read his stuff for the information
therein, and take his "vinyl is IT" philosophy with a
grain of salt.
But he doesn't know anything about vinyl, except for the
pricetags on the gear.

Really? Honestly this is kinda irresponsible posting.
Michael Fremer
produced an instructional DVD on turntable set up.
http://www.musicdirect.com/product/79961

Since this is not a public source, we have no idea about the contents of the
DVD.

"We?" Speak for yourself Arny. I've seen it. It is very informative
source for people who are not well versed in turntable/arm/cartridge
set up.
Here is a preview of the content of the DVD with some quotes from
various knowledgable people who have also seen the DVD,
http://www.needledoctor.com/Michael-...ble-Set-Up-DVD

Is it your position that since Fremer "doesn't know
anything about
viny" that this DVD is loaded with nothing but
misinformation and
would lead to thosewho purchase this DVD and use it to
incorrectly set up their turntables?

Given all of the other faulty information that can be traced to Fremer, the
contents of the DVD need to be checked out by a non-fanboy.

They have been. The DVD has been out for some time now.

If he doesn't know anything he could hardly make
such a DVD without it being pure misinformation.

Excluded middle argument. I don't think that anybody seriously means that
Fremer knows absolutely and totally nothing. "doesn't know anything about
vinyl" relates to the fact that some or much of the information he promotes
about vinyl is completely and totally wrong.

You can contrive whatever alternative interpretation you want. I took
the post for what it actually literally says.

Have you ever visited his website?

Yes, it barely has one month of material.

That is simply incorrect.
http://www.musicangle.com/reviews.php

Have you ever read any of his record reviews?

He seems to affect hyperbole.

What review of what record lead you to draw this conclusion and only
this conclusion?