Posted to rec.audio.pro
Chuck[_11_] Chuck[_11_] is offline

Default Dual 621 turntable fix

On Fri, 8 Feb 2019 11:57:26 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Dana subota, 15. sije?nja 2011. u 00:12:52 UTC+1, korisnik david correia napisao je:
I got a mint Dual 621 turntable with a Grado cartridge that sounds fine.
The tone arm is supposed to be fully automatic. But it no longer moves
over to the beginning of the record when starting it, nor does it move
back to the right when it lifts at the end of a record. It will just go
up and down. It plays as a manual TT, but I want it fully automatic
again.

How much of a pita is this to fix??

David Correia
www.Celebrationsound.com

Chuck,
I posted one picture on my facebook page (coz I didnt find way to post it directly here), here is the link...
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Can you tell me is this pin marked with number 206 pin you are talking about?
Maybe there is a way to make such a rubber cap, or something else that would work as well.
Anyhow thank you for your answer.

Yes, It is the cap on 206 and one cleans and lubes the top of the
right end of 183. If the cap is missing, something else might work. I
worked for one of the largest U.S. Dual dealers so I had a ready
source of parts so I never had to experiment. Good luck.