Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

Default Is digital coaxial cable the same as standard video RCA cable?

"Jeff Findley" wrote in
message
"Robert Morein" wrote in message

"Paul L" wrote in message
. net...
Just for curiosity, I used a standard RCA video cable
and plugged it into the digial coaxial jacks of my DVD
player and Yamaha reciever. I get very good audio from
the connection. Is digital coaxial just another fancy
name for RCA? Does using a more expensive digital audio
coaxial cable really improve the sound over and RCA
cable?

No.

I've personally used composite video cables for digital
coax cable. Who doesn't have a junk drawer full of
obsolete composite video cables? ;-)

Composite cables are usually copper core which is a good thing.

OTOH as many of us have discovered, cable TV and antenna cable tend to be
copper clad steel or the like, and aren't the best for long digital runs.