Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.opinion
AZ Nomad

Default Is digital coaxial cable the same as standard video RCA cable?

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 18:34:57 GMT, Paul L wrote:

Just for curiosity, I used a standard RCA video cable and plugged it
into the digial coaxial jacks of my DVD player and Yamaha reciever. I
get very good audio from the connection. Is digital coaxial just another
fancy name for RCA? Does using a more expensive digital audio coaxial
cable really improve the sound over and RCA cable?

It's is close enough that it doesn't matter. If you're going to run
more than a few hundred feet of digital coax, then you might care about
the impedance. Otherwise, any RCA cable that isn't broken will work
perfectly.

The more expensive digital audio coax cables are a hoax.