Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Default A Brief History of CD DBTs

"Mark DeBellis" wrote in message

I would be interested in your thoughts about the following.

First, it seems to me that it's possible that there could be two
signals, say three minutes of music each, where I can't distinguish
one signal from the other when I compare them, switching back and
forth, but where, nonetheless, I get greater pleasure from listening
to the first one (in its entirety) than to the second.

The above is obviously self-contradictory.

If you can't distinguish the two signals by any conscious means, how can you
distinguish them and consciously know it?

If you could somehow elevate the unconscious sensation of greater pleasure
to your consciousness, then you would be able to consciously distinguish
them by that means.

If you can distinguish the two signals by elevating unconsious pleasure to
consciousness, then that would be a conscious form of distinction and your
claim that you can't distinguish them consciously would be falsified.

To put the previous hyptothesis forward, one would need to avoid the
application of fairly simple logic. It could still stand as an statement of
faith or a tenet of some sacred book.