Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] nabob33@hotmail.com is offline

Default A Brief History of CD DBTs

On Monday, December 24, 2012 11:13:50 AM UTC-5, Audio_Empire wrote:

No they've been disqualified because NAB said that the only way to conduc=

such a test is to play but a few seconds of a selection before switching =

the other DUT where only a few seconds are played through it before switc=

hing
back to the first DUT again.

No, I have never said that. What I said was that if you wanted a DBT to be =
as sensitive to differences as possible, that's the way you should do it. T=
hat's scientifically accepted.

Of course, you're perfectly free to conduct your DBTs any way you like. If =
you use longer passages without immediate switching, and you get positive r=
esults with all appropriate controls in place (double-blind, level-matched,=
statistical significance), then I and others will accept them as correct.=
=20

But if you do that, then I guarantee we'll be able to get the same positive=
results using a quick-switching methodology!

BTW, here's a good article on the fallacy of long-term listening tests:
http://www.nousaine.com/pdfs/Flying%20Blind.pdf

bob