Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio_Empire[_2_] Audio_Empire[_2_] is offline

Default A Brief History of CD DBTs

On Saturday, December 22, 2012 8:02:35 PM UTC-8, Arny Krueger wrote:
"Audio_Empire" wrote in message

On Friday, December 21, 2012 7:27:51 PM UTC-8, Arny Krueger wrote:

"Audio_Empire" wrote in message

But isn't it possible that this is your inability or unwillingness to

hear

these things that produces, for you, a sameness for everything you test

this way?

Didn't I answer this very same question the last time that the subject

came

up?

The short answer is that we've done listening tests with dozens if not

100s

or 1,000s of people, many of which were specifically engaged because

they

were outspoken advocates of the audibility of the issues being studied.

Like I told NAB, above. These kinds of tests are by their very design,

incapable

of giving a positive result for a variety of reasons.

The above statement shows exactly the kind of unthinking, unyielding bias

that we're dealing with here.

Does the irony of your response elude you?

Absolutely nothing has been said about the details of the tests in question,

yet they have been disqualified apparently simply because they exist.

No they've been disqualified because NAB said that the only way to conduct
such a test is to play but a few seconds of a selection before switching to
the other DUT where only a few seconds are played through it before switching
back to the first DUT again. Specifically, what I said was that If this is how
"scientifically correct" DBTs are always conducted, then its no wonder that they
return a verdict of there being no differences between DACs (or anything else
for that matter).