Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Default A Brief History of CD DBTs

"Audio_Empire" wrote in message
On Friday, December 21, 2012 7:27:51 PM UTC-8, Arny Krueger wrote:
"Audio_Empire" wrote in message

But isn't it possible that this is your inability or unwillingness to
hear
these things that produces, for you, a sameness for everything you test
this way?

Didn't I answer this very same question the last time that the subject
came
up?

The short answer is that we've done listening tests with dozens if not
100s
or 1,000s of people, many of which were specifically engaged because
they
were outspoken advocates of the audibility of the issues being studied.

Like I told NAB, above. These kinds of tests are by their very design,
incapable
of giving a positive result for a variety of reasons.

The above statement shows exactly the kind of unthinking, unyielding bias
that we're dealing with here.

Absolutely nothing has been said about the details of the tests in question,
yet they have been disqualified apparently simply because they exist.