Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] nabob33@hotmail.com is offline

Default A Brief History of CD DBTs

On Friday, December 21, 2012 4:38:45 PM UTC-5, Audio_Empire wrote:

But isn't it possible that this is your inability or unwillingness to hea=

r=20
these things that produces, for you, a sameness for everything you test=

=20
this way?=20

=20
Sure it's possible for one test subject. But my original post lists numerou=
s tests conducted by different groups with numerous subjects, all of which =
show the same general inability to hear differences among DACs.=20

Now, maybe everyone who's ever conducted a DBT for publication has stacked =
his test panel with skeptics. But if that's the case, it should have been e=
asy for other, more "enlightened" publications to conduct their own DBTs, w=
ith their own true believers, and blow the existing science out of the wate=
r. Why haven't they done that?

I'll tell you why: Because they know as well as I do that the results would=
expose their reviewers as frauds and put them out of business.

bob