Posted to rec.audio.misc
Mal Thomas Mal Thomas is offline

Default So now what ? (query re active speakers)

On 2/02/09 12:04 PM, in article , "Eeyore"
wrote:

Mal Thomas wrote:

"Eeyore" wrote:

PMC = professional monitor company. They make home and studio models,
passive
and active IIRC. They are just stunning.

Appreciate the opportunity to drool over these, Graham but with prices at
around GBP28,000 - they are slightly out of my reach !
But yeesh, yeah from what I have read, they sound good (er, well, you know
what I mean !)

They make smaller ones too ! Totally affordable on your budget.

Graham

Cheers Graham, since posting, decided to replace the Amp (Rotel RB-1070);
local dealer had some good deals going - not in the league of my dearly
departed Accuphase, but definitely not too shabby either. Looking, (as
soon as I find a local dealer for an audition) at the B&W 683's as a
possible pairing. Yeah I know the speakers should probably have come first,
but the Amp was too good an opportunity to pass.

Appreciate your time.

Cheers
Mal
Oz