Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

Default the are only two kinds of amplifiers

wrote in message
ink.net
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"John Atkinson" wrote
in message
oups.com

Mr. McKelvy neatly illustrates a point I have been
making for some time: that reduced to its bare essence,
the "objectivist" attitude to amplifiers is that
"amplifiers all sound identical except when they
don't," which is hardly helpful. :-)

Just goes to show how non-helpful things get when
Atkinson tries to put words in his opponents mouths.

We can go futher a lot Atkinson's staement in some very
helpful ways. For example, it's very likely that 90% or
more of the SS
amplifiers in Stereophile's RCL could *not* be
distinguished by Stereophile's reviewers, based only on
sound quality.

Based on the hearing ability of his reviewers it's
unlikely they can hear much of anything.

I hear that the whole Stereophile crowd never tires of
hearing the sounds of their voices. ;-)