Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil

Default the are only two kinds of amplifiers

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 00:16:42 GMT, wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 21:27:25 GMT, wrote:

Since he's obviously biased (pun intended) against tube amps, it's
unclear whether or not bias might not be the controlling factor.

Not all tube amps, there are some that can be quite nice. SET's are not
among them.

That's not what you said earlier. You said ALL tube amps sounded worse
than every SS amp you had ever heard.

So the amp could sound WORSE but
"quite nice".

As in less accurate.

Interesting. So you agree that tube amps don't have to
"measure" better to sound nice.

Nice is not always the same as accurate. I don't begrudge people likeing
tube amps, only when they say they are better in some technical kind of way.

How many people say THAT? Most say, "I think it sounds more musical",
or "SS sounds more sterile to me", or I prefer the sound of tube amps
to SS amps generally". Just let someone say that and then you've got
Arnold Krueger and guys like you dumping all over them.