Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default the are only two kinds of amplifiers

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
nk.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
ink.net...

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
nk.net...

"dave weil" wrote in message
On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 07:48:13 GMT, wrote:

When the juice is there, the sound is there. Just
because there are models that don't have the good design required,
doesn't
mean that all tube amps are bad.

I would never say all are bad, but their cost vs. performance ration
is not
good, and there are many really expensive ones that are just awful.
WAVAC.

When you listened to this amp, what was it about the sound that made
you think that is was awful? And what speakers did you use when you
auditioned it?

I have not auditioned it and never will, I already know what
distortion sounds like and I want no more of it.

"At least" Arny sometimes listens to a sound file through some other
piece of inferior audio equipment!!

Are you seriously trying get me to beleive that double digit distortion
is not audible, or that an ABX comparison of the WAVAC is even
necessary to know that it sounds different from other amps?

you won't listen to anything, WAVAC, or anything else.

I listen to speakers, since they make the biggest difference.
I don't listen to something that measures as poorly as the WAVAC, I'm
looking for Hi-Fi, not room heaters or boat anchors.

You're looking for Ferstler's proverbial toasters.
No need to taste the toast!

Not when you already know it's poisoned.