Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default the are only two kinds of amplifiers

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

wrote in message
ink.net...

"dave weil" wrote in message
On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 06:51:47 GMT, wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message
m...
On Thu, 24 Nov 2005 21:04:09 GMT, wrote:

I have not auditioned it and never will, I already know what
distortion
sounds like and I want no more of it.

Well then, isn't it reckless, nay, foolish, to judge a piece of gear
without doing a DBT/ABX on it?

Not when the differences are as gross as they are with a WAVAC as
anyone
can
see from the Stereophile measurements. Plenty of audible distortion.
$300,000.00 for an amp that can't produce more than 2 watts of output
power
before 1% THD.
http://stereophile.com/tubepoweramps...ac/index5.html
For that much distortion a simple A/B test would be sufficient.

Which you haven't even done. So you haven't even done the minimum.

Because there's no need. If you can't tell that the WAVAC is a piece of
**** from the review measurements, then you have no business discussing
it.

So, you've now conclusively PROVED that there's no need for double
blind testing. Thank you very much!

I win.

How many times have I and others said that when differences are gross, a
DBT is unnecessary?

That's what I say, too!
The differences between some ss cd players are gross.

Lack of data to support your position noted.