Default What is meant by 'timing'

Roger Thorpe wrote:
About the only hardware reviews I read are those in the back pages of a
music magazine that used to be reliable (a decade ago) but has now been
taken over by the gullible rehashers of press releases.
What do they mean when they say that Crasnovorsky Thumpolux transistor
radio, now available at 'only' 180 euros with real wood veneer, has
excellent 'timing'

Means nothing. But it's just the sort of unverifiable, untestable
nonsense that some audio writers indulge in.

I'm in the US and we have the same sort of nonsense in the high-end
audio press here also. I've also seen it in the UK audio press. I've
also seen reviews of audio components where their "rhythm" is
discussed. In my world, any "rhythm" or "timing" is in the recorded
music I'm listening to, not in the audio components.

My advice: Ignore nonsense like this.

Roger
My email address is spamtrapped. You can work it out!