WillStG

(Sidhu)
Yes, but u have the choice of ordering with just one kinda capsule.
and thats what ill be going in for right now. I think the Cardiod
(unless there are reasons for the other types).

The hypercardiod capsules will help you when you need to get less bleed
from other instruments in the room. And if you need to get really close to a
source, omni capsules (or omni mics like the ECM8000) won't give you a huge low
end bump when you don't want it (the proximity effect). So you can stick an
omni in the soundhole of an instrument for example, and omnis also often have
fewer phase problems in my experience when combined with a cardiod than
cardiods can with each other. I'd say pick up a pair of the ECM8000 (they are
$40 USD each or less here) and use them for close micing bassy or metalic
sounding instruments. But when you want omnis for stereo spaced pair use in a
room, get the Oktava omni capsules as they are quieter.

Will Miho
NY Music & TV Audio Guy
Off the Morning Show! & sleepin' In... / Fox News