Sidhu

(Scott Dorsey) wrote in message ...
Sidhu wrote:
Just got a reply from the sound room. they have the Oktava MC012
stereo pair in stock and will ship to India. What say. I have
mentioned uses (besides overheads) in a previous post. what say?

They are good reasonable all-purpose mikes. And I think having a good
neutral set of small diaphragm condensers is probably the most important
thing in your cabinet, and that you should skimp on everything else in
order to get them. One good mike beats a cabinet of bad ones.

Im working towards that. Else id have a collection of Behringer
mics right now. (But i use the behringer UB consoles. and think there
quite good.)

But i just figured, after paying customs and all for these mics, theyd
almost end up costing me as much a pair AKG C451's. Man, i think i
need to bite the bullet and starve for another 2 months.

I think they'll sound noticeably better than the C451EB mikes for a lot
of things.

Thats good newz.

Another thing you might look into is the EV N/D 468 egg mikes. They are
rather inexpensive little dynamics that are very handy; much more directional
than an SM-57 and they don't have a presence peak. They are sort of like
a poor man's 441.

So Im a poor man. Ill look out for these mics.

In fact, your last post stating that ud use high grade condensers on
most of the instruments that i mentioned (for spot recording) made a
lot of sence. I recently got a bargain on a Beta 58A . And have been
loving it! I need to know of more such mics, the 421 being one. Found
out the price of the RE20. Tis bout 1300 USD here. HAHAHAHA!!!!!! Im
sure the guy was joking ( or unaware).

Thanks again for the ton help.

Sidhu