Scott Dorsey

Sidhu wrote:
Just got a reply from the sound room. they have the Oktava MC012
stereo pair in stock and will ship to India. What say. I have
mentioned uses (besides overheads) in a previous post. what say?

They are good reasonable all-purpose mikes. And I think having a good
neutral set of small diaphragm condensers is probably the most important
thing in your cabinet, and that you should skimp on everything else in
order to get them. One good mike beats a cabinet of bad ones.

But i just figured, after paying customs and all for these mics, theyd
almost end up costing me as much a pair AKG C451's. Man, i think i
need to bite the bullet and starve for another 2 months.

I think they'll sound noticeably better than the C451EB mikes for a lot
of things.

Another thing you might look into is the EV N/D 468 egg mikes. They are
rather inexpensive little dynamics that are very handy; much more directional
than an SM-57 and they don't have a presence peak. They are sort of like
a poor man's 441.