Sidhu

Thanks for all the help. I really understand the importance of
investing in quallity mics and not building junk in my cabnit. But
this is quite a catc 22 situation. I have a band ready to record with
me and im having to put them off constantly cause i cant figure drum
mics. Anywaz...

So i also have the option of now picking up the Shure PGDMK6 drum mic
kit. It fits nicely in budget, but i doubt it would really be anything
to write home about.

http://164.109.27.207/microphones/models/pgdmk6.asp

One thing if you ppl. can help me out with is locating a company that
will take orders online and ship to India, fast. Ill see whats the
best i can do then.

So far the c1000 is out. The AKG 535 will take a month to arrive after
the order is placed. (but if totally worth it, i could jump) Id
suspect the same for the 421. The 602 is available, along with the
SM81 (cannot afford) Akg 451 (cannot afford) maybe the Studio
projects.

The thing here is weired pricing. The Shures and the AKG's are
available here for bout the same as anywhere else. while the Studio
Projects cost almost twice as much.

Hypothetically speaking, if i were to be able to spencd much on
overheads, which ones do i go for : (bear in mind id like using them
for guitars etc too)

Shure SM81 or the AKG 451.

I am tempted towards the Oktavas but as stated, i might not like a
vintage flavour, and then soundroom has not as of yet replied to my
email.

I so dammed stressed right now.

But just to give you guyz a brief. These i record often.

Flute (all kinds, bamboo) Violin (mostly indian carnatic, sounds a lot
fatter than western classical) Guitar (yet to achieve a good acoustic
sound, the only really alluding factor so far), Tabla, dholak, Dholl
and other indian percussions. Heavy metal and voice.

I mentioned that i tried the 421 on a kik once and dint like at all
(compared with a D12, twas an old mic). But it sound good on a Tabla.

Sidhu